NS Design NXT 4-String Fretted Electric Violin
Strings - Violins
With a sleek visual appearance as balanced and striking as its sound, the NXT Fretted Violin embodies world-class features, design and craftsmanship. Versatile and roadworthy, this exciting instrument is made expressly for making music, and making your way, in the burgeoning plugged-in world of signal processing and amplified performance.
- Body/Neck - Solid, straight grain maple, with maple face (Black) or flame maple face (Sunburst) on body.
- Body Reference Bout - Black-dyed maple bout on treble side provides standard violin reference. Easily removable for unrestricted neck access.
- Fingerboard - Hand-graduated, asymmetric relief, 29 frets, guitar-style reference dot inlays.
- Bridge - Black-dyed maple, compensated design for proper fretted intonation, height adjustable via screws on back of body.
- Precision Tuning Hardware - 40:1 fine tuners are mounted on the body behind the bridge for precise, stable tuning. Automatic string clamping allows for quick, easy string changes.
- Pickup- The Polar directional piezo pickup system responds selectively to either lateral string vibration (for dynamic bowing) or vertical string vibration (for remarkably even and sustained plucked/pizzicato sound, like a mandolin). A switch allows the player to choose the desired response.
- Electronics and Controls - Passive circuit with high impedance output, no batteries required. Volume control and Tone control (treble roll off).
- Chin and Shoulder Rest - Ergonomically designed to support the instrument securely without the left hand. The padded shoulder rest is fully adjustable for height and angle. Knobs are located within easy reach of the right hand so adjustments can be made with the instrument in playing position.
- Hardshell Case - Fabric covered hard foam core, 81cm (32 inch) long, 21cm (8.5 inch) wide, 14 cm (5.5 inch) high, 2.7 kg (6 lb) loaded weight. Padded, form fitting interior. Holds 2 bows, shoulder rest, output cable, and extra gear.